Become a Millionaire Overnight? Hell No! Slowly Soar To Financial Freedom
Did you know that according to the Urban Institute, a third of Americans are facing debt collectors?
You may not believe this, but one of the best kept secrets among the wealthiest 10% is that…
So let’s get started.
Money: It’s All Mindset
Hold on jerk! People don't choose to be financially disadvantaged!
And, you can’t just wave a magic wand and make someone financially stable.
So what the hell are you talking about? Some people just don’t have the right circumstances to do what you’re suggesting.
Choose right now the be the master of your own destiny, and you'll be amazed at the long-term outcome via @casual_glenn
Can How Do We Achieve A Money Mindset?
Evernote is my work wife – but don’t tell my real one!
Top Money Mindset Resources
- Money Bo$$: The Millionaire Mindset: 53 Habits That Foster Wealth and Success
- Wealth Clinic's 4 Steps To Changing Your Money Mindset
- And, My Favorite Book Of All Time! Rich Dad, Poor Dad By Robert Kiyosaki
Millionaires? They’s Are A Dime A Dozen
How many do you think of these became millionaires overnight? Probably zero. Except for this guy.
Earning money is easier than ever. That's right: the streets are practically paved with gold, yet one in three of us has debts and unpaid bills that have been reported to collection agencies.
Millionaire Mindset: Action Disclaimer
Top Resources To Help You Take Action
Millionaire Mindset: 10 Commandments
1 – Avoid Credit Card Debt
- Will take you 153 months to pay off your debt;
- You will pay $5,000 in interest; and,
- You will lose approximately 265 brain cells worrying about your credit card debt.
Top Resources To Help You Avoid Credit Card Debt
- Credit Karma's Article On How To Avoid Credit Card Debt
- Student Loan Hero Explores Fast Cash Options And Avoiding Credit Card Debt
2 – Plan and Write Down Goals
- Weekly Goal: Educate myself on personal finances (you’re almost there!)
- Monthly Goal: Cut up all credit cards but one, and find a side business to start
- Yearly Goal: Begin working a freelance or side job, and earn $1,000 in supplemental income
- 5 Year Goal: Pay off all credit card debt, and earn $5,000 a year in supplemental income
- 10-Year Goal: Buy a tiger on a gold leash and chill with Mike Tyson.
- Monday: Listen to 2 podcast episodes
- Tuesday: Start reading Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Wednesday: Take a break – watch Netflix all night
- Thursday: Finish Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Friday: Call Mike Tyson’s agent (see 10-year goal above)
- Saturday: Research side hustles and ways to earn supplemental income
- Sunday: Take a break – there must be a game on!
3 – Automate Savings
4 – Magic Number
5 – Educate Yourself and Others
Top Money Resources
6 – Protect Yourself
7 – Live Below Your Means
Live below your means – Porter Stansberry – Financial Author
Top Resources To Help You Live Below Your Means:
8 – Understand The Difference Between an Asset and a Liability
9 – Know and Act on the Difference Between a Want and a Need
10 – Create Assets: Find Side Hustles that Fit Your Lifestyle
Top Resources To Help You Live Below Your Means:
- Nick Loper's Comprehensive List of Side Hustle Websites
- My interview with Nick Introducing the Sharing Economy
- Sharing Economy Quiz - Find Out Which Side Hustles Fit Your Lifestyle?
- Laptop Landlord's Airbnb Tips For Beginners
- Harry Campbell's Maximum Ridesharing Profits Course - For Uber Drivers
- Amazing Airbnb Case Study from Paula Pant over at Afford Anything
- Money Peach's 68 Side Hustle Ideas
- Believe In A Budget - Kristin Larsen's Side Hustle Experiment
The Math: How To Become A Millionaire (Not Overnight!)
- Your magic number is $1 million, which would be a good average for someone with a small family.
- Average return on your investments is 7% annually, which is the average stock market return.
- For all you smarty pants out there saying, well these calculations don’t account for inflation: They do! So there! (3%).
- Returns on your investments are re-invested (this should be a no-brainer!).
Scenario 1 – Start Saving at 20
Scenario 2 – Start Saving at 30
- Millennial Money Man: 8 Side Hustles You Can Start This Weekend
Scenario 3 – Start Saving at 40 (You Can Still Do It!)
- Money Nomad Provides Awesome Tips For Getting Upwork Jobs
- Jake Jorgovan Tells You Exactly How To Make $1000 A Week On Upwork
- Airbnb Secrets Shows You How To Get Started On Airbnb
- Work At Home Wife Shows You How To Make Money From Home Online Tutoring
- Money Pantry Gives You The Best Tutoring Sites Online To Start Earning Side Income
- LearnAirbnb Brings You The Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Airbnb
Scenario 4 – Fast Tracking: More Side Hustles
The Help: Resources You Need
- The Every Girl’s Awesome Guide To Setting Financial Goals That Stick
- The Outsourced Accountant’s 6 Lessons Learned From Robert Kiyosaki
- Even Carmichael’s Amazing 3 Lessons Learned From Robert Kiyosaki