Are There Easy Online Jobs? Yes, and Here are Five
Easy online jobs are a real thing, and an increasing number of companies are relying on a remote workforce. This is good news for anyone who wants to earn an additional income on the side or who wants to work from home so they spend more time with their family.
Finding a good online job is easier than you think. Here is what you need to know about these gigs and five jobs you can apply for right now.
History of Online Jobs
Surprisingly, working from home is an idea that dates back to the 17th century. Workers would receive raw materials and send a finished product to an employer. The need for telecommuting became apparent during the oil crisis of the 1970s.
A few major companies like JC Penney or AT&T relied on telecommute throughout the 1980s and 1990s. Working from home was limited to what employees could do over the phone.
The Internet becoming mainstream in the late 1990s and more companies looking for flexible models led to the rise of the gig economy. One in five Americans currently works from home, whether they generate a side income as freelancers or stay connected to their office after work hours thanks to technology.
The Benefits Of Telecommuting For Employers
These are the main benefits of online jobs from an employer’s perspective:
- Remote work reduces expenses linked to office space and equipment.
- 80 percent of employees see working from home as a perk. This means higher job satisfaction, increased productivity and a lower turnover.
- Hiring freelancers and subcontractors online gives companies access to a wider range of talents.
- There is less time wasted on meetings and more collaboration among employees who use online collaboration tools.
- This model gives employers more flexibility regarding downscaling or upscaling and reduces the number of employees who receive benefits.
- Telecommuting also allows businesses to reduce their environmental footprint.
Why Should You Work Online?
Achieving a better work-life balance is an obvious benefit. But there are many other reasons to apply for an online job:
- Be more independent and work on your own schedule.
- Get access to more employment opportunities than what might be available in your area.
- Save money on gas and reduce wear and tear on your vehicle.
- Your commuting time becomes free time.
- Be more present for your children.
- Working as much (or as little) as you want and going after new gigs whenever you want to expand your horizons.
Not being locked into your 9 to 5 workday opens up a lot of possibilities, but keep in mind that working from home and earning a livable wage requires some commitment. Don’t expect to work less than you would at the office, but remember that you can also become more successful than you would ever be by staying tied to a single employer.
Getting Started with Freelancing
Freelancing is the most flexible way to earn an income online and you can become very successful if you have marketable skills – or are willing to work on developing some valuable skills.
Here is what you should know about getting started with freelancing:
- Start by asking yourself what your strengths are and which skills would be interesting to clients.
- Sign up for websites like Guru, Upwork, Fiverr or Freelancer. Clients visit these websites to find freelancers with specific skills such as writing or coding.
- Your first freelance jobs probably won’t pay much. However, you can start earning an interesting income once you get recurring clients and can charge more for your work thanks to your skills and experience.
- Build up your portfolio. Show off your best work and convince potential clients that you have the skills and talent they need.
Finding an Easy Online Job
If freelancing isn’t for you, you can also find companies that offer online jobs. Some companies will bring you in as an employee with benefits while others will make you a subcontractor. This is similar to freelancing, but you will have the guarantee of getting steady work.
Companies hire remote employees for customer service, sales, data entry, online teaching, tech support or content creation. Keep in mind that there are no easy online jobs but rather jobs suited to your skills and interests.
Five Easy Online Jobs
These are a few examples of easy online jobs with a good pay that anyone can apply for. The exact work you would be doing varies from one employer to another, but these jobs could be a good place to start if you are new to working from home.
Virtual assistants are just like office assistants. There is a growing need for this service as more small businesses need to get access to a wide range of talents but can’t afford to bring in more employees. You can become a virtual assistant for a single business or get hired by a company that specializes in outsourcing several office tasks.
An increasing number of brands hire remote workers instead of using call centers. Most employers will hire you even if you don’t have any previous experience in customer service.
Writer, Editor Or Translator
There are plenty of websites that hire remote workers to write content. You can also find remote editing jobs, and remote translation jobs if you are bilingual. It is easier to find jobs in this field if you already have a portfolio.
Have you ever wondering who makes subtitles for the content you see on TV or on streaming services? Most of these subtitles are created by remote workers.
Online teaching is something you can explore even if you don’t have any experience. Foreign schools hire online instructors to help students learn English and will provide everything you need to develop your lessons.
The gig economy is here to stay. Workers and businesses can benefit from easy online jobs, and this could be the perfect opportunity for you to start a new career, earn an additional income and get to spend more time with your family. Now is the right time to start looking for an online job!